LC Disability and Development Programmes [LCDDP] was established as an organization in 2006 at Ongole, Andhra Pradesh and registered under Societies Registration Act of 35 of 2001 and Registration number is 69 of 2006. The main purpose of this organization is to ensure persons with disabilities and poor and needy do not remain at the fringe of development processes and working for the empowerment of downtrodden communities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Thus LC Disability and Development Programmes [LCDDP] was formally established in the year 2006.
Since then the organization continued to work with persons with disabilities, Poor sections of the community and their families in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana with the main aim to create enabling conditions for them to be included rightfully in the mainstream society with dignity. The core competencies of the organization include inclusive education, health interventions, community mobilization and creating livelihood opportunities for persons with disabilities and their family members and rural poor. We facilitate People with Disabilities to access their basic entitlements and facilitate to ensure a good quality of life. The organization works with persons with disabilities with specific and strong focus on Women and Children with severe and multiple disabilities.
The Organization firmly believes in the inherent dignity, autonomy and potential among children, Women and persons with disabilities, their family members and continues to encourage their active participation and representation in all processes of the action. It is noteworthy that 41% of the project’s clients are from the female gender.
At present organization is working in 7 districts of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
VISION : work towards ‘Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities through social, economic, political and cultural development and integrating them into the community by bringing about a change of attitude in the society and ensuring sustainability’
MISSION : “Promoting empowerment, development of persons with disabilities through community based inclusive development”
• To enhance functional abilities through comprehensive rehabilitation services.
• To create enabling environment for accessing health services to the needy and poor
• To create an accessible and barrier free environment in an inclusive approach To Promote Inclusive Education
• To facilitate and promote Persons with Disabilities to make them aware the need for self and group advocacy and to form a pressure in bringing necessary changes.
• To sensitize the general public on gender.
• To network and establish strong linkages with multiple stakeholders
1. Prakasam District
2. Guntur District
3. Vijayawada District
4. East Godavari
6. Mahabub Nagar
7. Hyderabad Urban (Mallpur and Nacharam areas)
We also worked in Vizag District for Hudhud Cyclone Relief Work
• Prevention of Violence against Women with Disabilities and providing legal aid services
• Health and Rehabilitation Services
• Vocational / Skill training programmes for poor and needy youth
• Activities for Promotion of Livelihood opportunities
• Inclusive Education Activities
• Community Organization, formation of Groups and Federations
• Sensitization of community on Government Schemes and Programmes
• Sensitization of Government Officials and different stake holders on Disability equality
• Corporate Sensitization programmes
• Community Awareness programmes